Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.
Processing times vary depending upon the test(s) ordered.
Important: As of May 4, 2022, the following test has delays in normal turnaround times:
Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) - 6 to 8 weeks
Typical result processing times are as follows:
- Family Finder – 2 to 4 weeks
- mtFull Sequence – 6 to 8 weeks
- Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) – 3 to 6 weeks
- Big Y-700 – 6 to 10 weeks
- SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
- Individual SNPs – 6 to 8 weeks
- Warrior Gene – 6 to 8 weeks
- BAM File – Up to 72 hours.
- Autosomal Transfer Unlock – Up to 72 hours.
Pending dates are an estimate only and are subject to lab volume and quality control.
After we notify you that we have received your kit, you may sign in to your FamilyTreeDNA account to check your expected results date.
Please note that your batch number is not a good indicator of when your test will be complete; this is only an indication of when your test was ordered in our lab.