The Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes report displays the frequency of unique Y-DNA haplotypes in your project. It is one way to view the number of different paternal lines in the project.
Accessing the Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes Report
To access this report:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Genetic Reports, and click Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Genetic Reports section, click Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes.
You are directed to the Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes page.
Controls and Columns
The Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes report contains the following controls:
- Markers – This is the testing level for the comparison.
- Printer Friendly – This adjusts the formatting to improve printing results.
- Export Spreadsheet – Click to export the Y-DNA Results Classic table to a spreadsheet.
The Y-DNA Unique Haplotypes report contains the following columns:
- Arrow Icon – Allows you to select a specific group member.
Clicking on the blue Arrow icon next to a haplotype shows project members that share the haplotype. When you select a particular haplotype, a chart with the following columns appears:
- Kit Number – Project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. You may click on the kit number to view their results if they have set their Account Settings Project Preferences Group Administrator Access level to either Limited or Advanced.
- Name – Name of the project member provided on the project member’s FamilyTreeDNA Account Settings Contact Information tab.
- STR Results – These are the results from standard Y-DNA tests.
Each column may be sorted in ascending or descending numerical order. To sort in ascending order, click on the column name once. To sort in descending order, click on the column name twice.