When placing your order, you can either ship the kit to yourself or provide the recipient's shipping address, and we will ship the DNA kit directly to them.
Kit activation happens at the time of purchase, and we will immediately begin sending relevant email notifications regarding order confirmation and tracking. If you provided your email at the time of purchase because the gift was a surprise, please be sure to send the sign in information to the DNA provider once they receive the kit, and have them change the kit owner’s email address after signing in using the information you have provided them.
How to Order a Gift
To order a test as a gift:
- Either add a test from the Shop page to your cart or go to your cart and add a test.
You can access your cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon in the upper-right corner of most pages.
- On the new kit in the cart, select the genetic sex of the recipient of the gift, and choose which test(s) you want to purchase if you haven't added them already via the Shop page.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- If you are mailing the gift to your address, make sure the Billing address is same as shipping address checkbox is selected.
If you are mailing the gift directly to the recipient, deselect the Billing address is same as shipping address checkbox, and enter the recipient's address information in the Shipping Address fields.
- Enter the payment information and click Place Order.
Ordering Gifts for Multiple Recipients with the Same Shipping Address
If you are ordering test kits for multiple recipients and all of the kits are going to the same shipping address:
- On the shopping cart, click the Create a new kit button, enter the genetic sex of the recipient, and add the tests you want to gift.
- Repeat step 1 for each new test kit you want to gift.
Ordering Gifts for Multiple Recipients at Different Shipping Addresses
If you are ordering test kits for recipients who have different shipping addresses, you will need to complete the order process explained in the above How to Order a Gift topic for each recipient.
Why do you need to know the genetic sex of the tester?
We ask for the genetic sex of the tester because we want to make sure you purchase the correct tests.
Y-DNA tests can only be taken by genetic males. Learn more
What if I don’t know who I’m gifting the test to yet?
No worries! Select any genetic sex for now and we can update this once we receive the DNA samples! Each collection kit includes a DNA Processing Consent Form that collects the name, genetic sex, and birth year of the tester.
If you need to change the type of tests you ordered before gifting your test, you can reach out to our Customer Service team.