The New Member Order tool allows you to order a DNA test kit for a new participant and have it shipped to their address. This will take you to the Shopping Cart. To see information on how to purchase a test, please see our Purchasing a Test page.
Accessing the New Member Order Tool
To access this page:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Project Admin and click New Member Order on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Project Administration section, click New Member Order.
You are directed to the New Member Order Tool.
Ordering kits and tests
From this point, you will be directed to the Shopping Cart.
Ordering a new kit using money from your project’s General Fund
- In the blue section labeled New Kit 1 on the shopping cart, select the Genetic Sex of the user for which you are ordering the new kit.
- For each test you want to order, click the Add to Kit button to the right of the specific kit.
- Note: For the new order to be placed in the project, the Participate in the [project name] project check box below the list of available tests is selected.
- If you have a coupon code, enter the code in the Coupon Code field in the upper-right of the shopping cart, and click Apply.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- On the Checkout page, enter your billing address in the Billing Address section.
- Enter the shipping address in the Shipping Address section.
- Select the Bill me later check box.
- Click Place Order.
- Go back to your GAP Dashboard.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Project Admin, and click Unpaid Products on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Project Administration section, click Unpaid Products. You are directed to the Unpaid Products page.
- Click the button to the far right in the Make Payment column. You are directed to the payment page for the kit.
- The balance due for the kit is displayed in the A total of $__ will be deducted from your general fund balance field.
Note: Partial payments cannot be made through GAP. You must contact the Group Projects Team by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Pay.
A message is displayed noting that the kit owner has been notified (by email) that the group fund donation has been applied to their order, and an email confirmation, kit number, and password will be sent to the email supplied for the tester.