The Y-DNA SNP report displays all group members' positive and negative Y-DNA SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) test results.
Accessing the Y-DNA SNP Report
To access this report:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Genetic Reports, and click Y-DNA SNP on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Genetic Reports section, click Y-DNA SNP.
You are directed to the Y-DNA SNP page.
Controls and Columns
The Y-DNA SNP report contains the following controls:
- Show Advanced Filter – Click to display the following fields:
- Kit Number – Allows you to filter/search the table by kit number.
- Name – Allows you to filter/search the table by name of the project member provided on the project member’s FamilyTreeDNA Account Settings Contact Information tab.
- Haplogroup – Allows you to filter/search the table by the project member’s Y-DNA haplogroup.
- SNPs – Allows you to filter/search the table by individual SNP results.
- Subgroup – Allows you to filter/search the table by member subgroup to which the project member is assigned on the Member Subgrouping page
- Export Spreadsheet – Click to export the Y-DNA Results Classic table to a spreadsheet.
- Page Size – This is the number of results that will be displayed on each page of the comparison table.
The Y-DNA SNP report contains the following columns:
- Kit Number – Project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. You may click on the kit number to view their results if they have set their Account Settings Project Preferences Group Administrator Access level to either Limited or Advanced.
- Name – The name of the project member provided on the project member’s Contact Information tab.
- Paternal Ancestor Name – The known name of the earliest known direct paternal ancestor as provided by the project member on their Account Settings Earliest Known Ancestors tab. If the project member has not entered this information, this column is blank.
- Haplogroup – This is the project member’s Y-DNA haplogroup. Confirmed haplogroups (from SNP testing) are listed in green while predicted haplogroups (from STR testing) are listed in red.
- STR Results – This is a list of all confirmed SNP results from any form of SNP test (Big Y, SNP Pack, backbone, etc.). This includes both positive and negative results.
- Subgroup – Displays the Y-DNA subgroup to which the project member is assigned on the Member Subgrouping page.
Each column may be sorted in ascending or descending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice.