The Y-DNA Haplogroup report displays your members who have Y-DNA tested and received a haplogroup.
Accessing the Y-DNA Haplogroup Report
To access this report:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Genetic Reports, and click Y-DNA Haplogroup on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Genetic Reports section, click Y-DNA Haplogroup.
You are directed to the Y-DNA Haplogropu page.
Controls and Columns
The Y-DNA Haplogroup report contains the following columns:
- Kit Number – Project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. You may click on the kit number to view their results if they have set their Account Settings Project Preferences Group Administrator Access level to either Limited or Advanced.
- Name – The name of the project member.
- Paternal Ancestor Name – Member’s self-reported earliest known Paternal Ancestor’s name. If the project member has not entered this information, this column is blank.
- Haplogroup – This is the project member’s Y-DNA haplogroup. Confirmed haplogroups (from SNP testing) are listed in green while predicted haplogroups (from STR testing) are listed in red.
- Last Updated – This is a list of all confirmed SNP results from any form of SNP test (Big Y, SNP Pack, backbone, etc.). This includes both positive and negative results.
- Subgroup – Displays the Y-DNA subgroup to which the project member is assigned on the Member Subgrouping page.
Each column may be sorted in ascending or descending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice.