This report displays your group members' Y-STR results and paternal ancestry.
Accessing the Y-DNA Results Report
To access this report:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Genetic Reports, and click Y-DNA Results on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Genetic Reports section, click Y-DNA Results.
You are directed to Y-DNA Results.
Controls and Columns
The Y-DNA Results report contains the following controls:
- Markers – This is the testing level for the comparison.
- Page Size – This is the number of results that will be displayed on each page of the comparison table.
- Show All Columns – This option is selected by default. By unclicking the check box it will only display the first 12 markers for project members.
- Printer Friendly – This adjusts the formatting to improve printing results.
- Export Spreadsheet – Click to export the Y-DNA Results Classic table to a spreadsheet.
- Show Advanced Filter – Click to display the following fields:
- Kit Number – Allows you to filter/search the table by member kit number.
- Subgroup – Allows you to filter/search the table by member subgroup to which the project member is assigned.
- Name – Allows you to filter/search the table by name of the project member provided on the project member’s FamilyTreeDNA Account Settings Contact Information tab.
- Country – Paternal country of origin associated with the project member as provided on the member’s Account Settings Earliest Known Ancestors tab. If the project member has not entered this information, this column is blank.
- Haplogroup – Allows you to filter/search the table by the project member’s Y-DNA haplogroup.
The Y-DNA Results report contains the following columns:
- Highlighter Icon – This allows you to highlight an individual row to more easily follow the results along the columns.
- Row Number – This will list each row in ascending numerical order. This column can be toggled on or off on the Public Website Site Configuration page.
- Kit Number – Project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. You may click on the kit number to view their results if they have set their Account Settings Project Preferences Group Administrator Access level to either Limited or Advanced.
- Name – Name of the project member provided on the project member’s FamilyTreeDNA Account Settings Contact Information tab.
- Paternal Ancestor Name – The known name of the earliest known direct paternal ancestor as provided by the project member on their Earliest Known Ancestors tab. If the project member has not entered this information, this column is blank.
- Country – Paternal country of origin associated with the project member as provided on the member’s Earliest Known Ancestors tab. If the project member has not entered this information, Unknown Origin is displayed in this column.
- Hg – This is the project member’s Y-DNA haplogroup. Confirmed haplogroups (from SNP testing) are listed in green while predicted haplogroups (from STR testing) are listed in red.
- Subgroup – Displays the mtDNA subgroup to which the project member is assigned. This column will list Ungrouped if the member is not assigned to an mtDNA subgroup. Clicking on the subgroup for a particular group member will allow the following tools:
- Subgroup - Clicking this box will display a drop-down menu where you may select subgoups created on the Member Subgrouping page.
- Save Icon – Clicking this will add the group member to the subgroup you have selected.
- Cancel – Clicking this icon will cancel any changes made to the subgroup.
- STR Results –These are the results from standard Y-DNA tests.
Each column may be sorted in ascending or descending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice.
Understanding the Y-DNA Results Report
The Y-chromosome DNA (Y-DNA) Results report headings are color-coded in two ways. First, each testing level (Y-DNA1-12, Y-DNA13-25, Y-DNA26-37, Y-DNA38-67, and Y-DNA68-111) is coded with a different shade of blue. Second, the STR (short tandem repeat) markers that have faster mutation rates and are more likely to change within the genealogical time frame are coded with a red background.
|Y-DNA1-12||Y-DNA13-25||Y-DNA26-37||Y-DNA38-67||Y-DNA68-111||Faster Changing STR Marker|
*Above graphic is colorized at Using the Admin - Y-DNA Results Colorized Report