The Haplogroup Charts allow you to generate bar and pie charts that show your project members’ maternal (mitochondrial DNA) and paternal (Y-chromosome DNA) haplogroups.
Accessing the Haplogroup Charts
To access this page:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Genetic Reports, and click Haplogroup Charts on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Genetic Reports section, click Haplogroup Charts.
You are directed to the Haplogroup Charts.
Controls and Columns
The Haplogroup Charts page contains the following controls:
- Type – Select Y-DNA (Y-chromosome DNA) for paternal origins or mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) for maternal origins.
- Subgroup – Select All to display results for all of your project members who have taken that particular type of test or select one of the subgroups that you have created using the Member Subgrouping tool.
- Chart Type – Select Pie, Column, or Bar.
- Chart Width – The default is 800px. For groups with project members from forty or more haplogroups, increasing the chart’s width will improve the display of Column charts.
- Chart Height – The default is 500px. For groups with project members from twenty or more haplogroups, increasing the chart’s height will improve the display of Bar charts.
The Haplogroup Charts page contains the following charts:
- Confirmed Y-DNA Haplogroup – This shows the selected type of chart displaying the confirmed Y-DNA Haplogroup Members. Below this chart is a table containing two columns:
- Y-DNA haplogroup – Lists the confirmed haplogroups shown in the chart.
- Total – Lists the number of group members in each confirmed haplogroup.
- Predicted Y-DNA Haplogroup – This shows the selected type of chart displaying the predicted Y-DNA Haplogroup Members. Below this chart is a table containing two columns:
- Y-DNA haplogroup – Lists the predicted haplogroups shown in the chart.
- Total – Lists the number of group members in each predicted haplogroup.
Each column may be sorted in ascending or descending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice.