The Pending Lab Results report displays project members’ test orders that are pending, lab processing notes, and status updates.
Accessing the Pending Lab Results Report
To access this report:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the navigation bar, hover your cursor over Reports > Member Reports, and click Pending Lab Results on the drop-down menu.
In the lower section of your GAP dashboard, in the Member Reports section, click Pending Lab Results.
You are directed to the Pending Lab Results page.
Controls and Columns
The Pending Lab Results report contains the following controls:
- Show Advanced Filter – Click to display the following fields:
- Name – Allows you to filter/search the table by member name.
- Products – Allows you to filter/search the table by test product.
- Lab Procedure – Allows you to filter/search the table by lab procedure.
- Batch – Allows you to filter/search the table by batch number.
- Export Spreadsheet – Click to export the Pending Lab Results table to a spreadsheet.
The Pending Lab Results report contains the following columns
- Kit Number – Project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. You may click on the kit number to view their results if they have set their Account Settings Project Preferences Group Administrator Access level to either Limited or Advanced.
- Name – Name of the project member provided on the project member’s FamilyTreeDNA Account Settings Contact Information tab.
- Products – Product (test) that has been ordered.
- Lab Procedure – Test or tests run by the lab.
- Batch – Batch number corresponding to the order. Orders are batched once a week for all orders that have been paid in full.
You may sort each column in ascending or descending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice.
Test Types Listed
A kit is listed on the Member Reports Pending Lab Results page by the test or procedure run at the lab. In some cases, you may see "Y-HAP-Backbone" listed. In cases where the lab is unable to accurately predict a Y-DNA haplogroup based on STR tests, they will order this test at no charge in order to confirm the haplogroup. This test contains high-level SNPs from each haplogroup in order to determine which haplogroup the test taker belongs in.