How to Use the Y-Chromosome Browsing Tool
To use the chromosome browsing tool:
- At the top of the Big Y Results page, click on the Named Variants or Private Variants tab.
- On the chromosome browsing tool, click on the SNP or Position you want to view. The Y-Chromosome Browsing Tool opens in a new window displaying the location of the SNP.
- You will be able to see the number of positive or negative calls for that specific SNP or Position
- Pink indicates that a mutation, or derived value, was found for the SNP or Position versus the ancestral value found in the reference model.*
Blue rows indicate that the read was on a forward strand of the helix and green rows indicate it was on a reverse strand of the helix.
- The more intense the shade of blue or green the higher the confidence of the read.