Filtering Advanced Matches
In the Filter Matches section at the top of the page, you can use the following filters to display only the matches that you want to view:
- Choose which tests to compare - You may select all or specific test types from Y-DNA, mtDNA, and Family Finder tests. Your options depend upon the tests that you have taken and for which you have received results.
Note: All tests are listed, even if you have not taken that test.
- Show only people I match in all selected tests - This option allows you to narrow down to only people with which you match across multiple tests, such as FMS (mtDNA Full Sequence) and Family Finder (autosomal DNA), to help you determine how close a match may be.
- Last Name Starts With - Filter matches by surname matching.
- Show Matches For - If you belong to a Group Project, this field allows you to select whether you want to display matches for the entire database or matches for a selected Group Project.
- Only Group Projects of which you are a member are listed.
- If you are not a member of a Group Project, The Entire Database is the only filter available for this field.
- Results Per Page - Select the number of matches that you want to display per page.
Sorting mtDNA Match Columns
You can sort each column in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column header for which you want to sort your matches.
Viewing Advanced Matches
- Name - This is your match's name. Note that some of your matches may have chosen not to see or be seen by matches at one or more testing levels. They will be shown as Private. This field also includes the following:
- A link to your match's personal profile - click on their name to view their information.
- A link to view their email address.
- A link to the TiP program for those with Y-DNA results.
- Family Tree if your match has one.
- A link to add a note or a link to view/edit a note about that match.
- Testing levels for their Family Finder, mtDNA, and standard Y-DNA tests.
- YDNA Haplogroup - This is your match's Y-DNA haplogroup according to their testing. If they have not taken a Y-DNA SNP test, a - (dash) is displayed.
- mtDNA Haplogroup - This is your match's mtDNA haplogroup according to their testing.
- Y-DNA Columns - These columns (Y-DNA12, Y-DNA25, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, and Y-DNA111) display the genetic distance between you and your match. Exact matches have a genetic distance of zero.
- mtDNA Columns - These columns (HVR1, HVR2, and FMS)* display the genetic distance between you and your matches. Exact matches have a genetic distance of zero.
- Family Finder - This is the relationship range between you and your Family Finder matches.
* These are the mtDNA shorthand, testing levels (products), and matching levels.
|Shorthand||Testing Level||Matching Level|
|HVR2||mtDNAPlus||HVR1 & HVR2|
|FMS||mtFullSequence||HVR1, HVR2, & Coding Region|