Account Settings is where you can manage your contact and profile information, change your password, add beneficiary and earliest known ancestor information, and set your privacy, sharing, Group Project, and notification preferences.
Accessing Account Settings
To access your Account Settings page:
- Sign in to your kit.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, hover your cursor over your name/Kit No., and click Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
Account Settings Overview
The Account Settings contains the following pages:
- Account Information - This page is where you can do the following:
- Contact Information – Enter, edit, and view your contact (and profile) information, and add your profile picture.
- Password – Change your password.
- Beneficiary Information – Enter, edit, and view your beneficiary information.
- Genealogy - This page is where you can add surname and earliest known ancestor information.
- Privacy & Sharing - This page is where you can opt in to matching and view and specify your preferences regarding what information you share and with whom you share it.
- Project Preferences* - This page is where you can set the access levels for your Group Administrators and Co-Administrators and is where you can select sharing options for the Group Projects of which you are a member.
- Notification Preferences - This page is where you can specify which email notifications you want to receive.
*This page only applies to you if you have joined a FamilyTreeDNA Group Project. If you have not joined a project, your Project Preferences page will be blank.